Welcome to AskHYS.net!
The Healthy Youth Survey (HYS) is a collaborative effort of the Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction, the Department of Health, the Department of Social and Health Service's Division of Behavioral Health and Recovery, and Liquor and Cannabis Board.
The Healthy Youth Survey provides important survey results about the health of adolescents in Washington. County prevention coordinators, community mobilization coalitions, community public health and safety networks, and others use this information to guide policy and programs that serve youth.
Register now for the 2018 HYS
- Superintendents and Principals were mailed/emailed a letter with a link to the HYS 2018 Online Registration form. Please contact them if you want to help register your school or district.
- Not sure if your school is register for the 2018 HYS? Go to the Registration Status page.
AskHYS includes Survey Results
- Fact Sheets: Pre-formatted fact sheets on important HYS topics at the state and local level.
- Reports: Annual frequency reports at the state and local level, and statewide analytic reports with survey details and trend results.
- Q x Q Analysis: An interactive data query system to analyze state and local results for a single HYS question or to analyze two questions together — that is crossing one Question by another Question (Q x Q).
- Who has Results?: Past participation in HYS from 2002 to 2016 by school.
- All of the 2016 Healthy Youth Survey results are NOW available on AskHYS.
- State, ESD and county results are available to the public. School district and school building results are available to those with permission from their district Superintendent. See the 'Getting Access' page for more information.
If you need technical assistance, please contact Susan Richardson at Looking Glass Analytics, SurveyAdmin@AskHYS.net.
Presenting your HYS data?
Check your results and interpretation with local data experts. Local HYS Data Assistance
DATA CORRECTION: Two data corrections were made on May 24th, 2017. Results were updated for the free/reduced lunch question and the optional sexual orientation, behavior and abuse questions. Please replace any results that were downloaded prior to the update. See the Errata/Corrections page for details.