Welcome to AskHYS.net!
The Healthy Youth Survey (HYS) is a collaborative effort of the Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction, the Department of Health, the Health Care Authority - Division of Behavioral Health and Recovery, and the Liquor and Cannabis Board.
The Healthy Youth Survey provides important survey results about the health of adolescents in Washington. County prevention coordinators, community mobilization coalitions, community public health and safety networks, and others use this information to guide policy and programs that serve youth.
Healthy Youth Survey 2021 results are now available.
See the Survey Results section of AskHYS for reports and fact sheets
If you need an AskHYS login, contact your District Data Security Manager to add AskHYS to your
OSPI Education Data Security (EDS) permission or for more information,
Results Available on AskHYS
- Healthy Youth Survey results from 2002 through 2021 are available now on AskHYS
- Fact Sheets: Pre-formatted fact sheets on important HYS topics at the state and local levels.
- Reports: Annual frequency reports at the state and local level, and statewide analytic reports with survey details and trend results.
- PowerPoint Slides: PowerPoint slides of selected results.
- Question x Question Analysis: An interactive data query system to analyze state and local results for a single HYS question or to analyze two questions together — that is crossing one Question by another Question (Q x Q).
- Who has Results?: Past participation in HYS from 2002 to 2021 by school, district, county, and ESD.
If you need technical assistance, please contact Susan Richardson at Looking Glass Analytics, SurveyAdmin@AskHYS.net.
Healthy Youth Survey 2023 Partner Feedback Meetings – Save the Date!
Share your feedback on The Washington State Healthy Youth Survey. Biennial partner meetings are scheduled for mid May-June and will provide an opportunity for feedback on 2023 survey questions.
Partner feedback meetings will be held online via Zoom. Registration is required. A detailed agenda and materials will be distributed one week prior to the meetings. The agenda will be identical for both dates, so you do not need to attend both meetings.
Meeting dates are:
Thursday, May 12, Zoom 8:30 am -5:00 pm. Register Here.
Thursday, June 9, Zoom, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm Register Here.
If you are not able to attend the meetings you can still offer feedback. Please offer feedback here.
Presenting your HYS data?
Check your results and interpretation with local data experts. Local HYS Data Assistance
See the Errata/Correction page for on any changes to the 2018 results.
- What is AskHYS.net?
- Do I need to Log On?
- What is a Fact Sheet?
- Generating a Fact Sheet.
- Fact Sheet Content.
- What is a Frequency Report.
- Opening a Frequency Report.
- What are Additional Reports?
- What is the QxQ?
- Interpreting QxQ Results.
- Crosstab Limitations.
- Recorded Training Webinar