Welcome to AskHYS.net!
The Healthy Youth Survey (HYS) is a collaborative effort of the Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction, the Department of Health, the Health Care Authority - Division of Behavioral Health and Recovery, and Liquor and Cannabis Board.
The Healthy Youth Survey provides important survey results about the health of adolescents in Washington. County prevention coordinators, community mobilization coalitions, community public health and safety networks, and others use this information to guide policy and programs that serve youth.
2020 Healthy Youth Survey Postponed
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and many school facilities operating remotely, administration of the 2020 Healthy Youth Survey has been postponed and alternative administration options are currently being explored. The Healthy Youth Survey Planning Committee is committed to supporting our schools with valuable data to inform critical student support services, however, the administration of HYS this Fall is not feasible in the current environment and is not the best way to support our schools and students during this difficult time. Updates will be posted on www.askhys.net as plans evolve, and questions can be sent to SurveyAdmin@AskHYS.net.
Results Available on AskHYS
- Healthy Youth Survey results from 2002 through 2018 are available now on AskHYS
- Fact Sheets: Pre-formatted fact sheets on important HYS topics at the state and local level.
- Reports: Annual frequency reports at the state and local level, and statewide analytic reports with survey details and trend results.
- Q x Q Analysis: An interactive data query system to analyze state and local results for a single HYS question or to analyze two questions together — that is crossing one Question by another Question (Q x Q).
- Who has Results?: Past participation in HYS from 2002 to 2018 by school, district, county, and ESD.
- All of the 2018 Healthy Youth Survey results are NOW available on AskHYS.
If you need technical assistance, please contact Susan Richardson at Looking Glass Analytics, SurveyAdmin@AskHYS.net.
Presenting your HYS data?
Check your results and interpretation with local data experts. Local HYS Data Assistance
See the Errata/Correction page for on any changes to the 2018 results.
Comments or Questions
Comments or questions about the Healthy Youth Survey or the AskHYS.net website?
Click here to send your thoughts to the Healthy Youth Survey Planning Committee.