Welcome to AskHYS.net!
The Healthy Youth Survey (HYS) is a collaborative effort of the Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction, the Department of Health, the Health Care Authority - Division of Behavioral Health and Recovery, and Liquor and Cannabis Board.
The Healthy Youth Survey provides important survey results about the health of adolescents in Washington. County prevention coordinators, community mobilization coalitions, community public health and safety networks, and others use this information to guide policy and programs that serve youth.
HYS 2020 registration ends June 30th
To register your school(s), log into www.AskHYS.net and select "Registration" from the "2020 Survey Process" drop down menu.
If you need an AskHYS login, contact your district data security manager to add AskHYS to your OSPI EDS permission
or Click here
for more information.
HYS will be administered October 12th through the 30th, 2020. Please register by June 30th. If unforeseeable events prevent the HYS from being administered in October, it will be administered in the Fall of 2021.
Need information about the HYS 2020 E-survey Pilot, Click Here for more information.
Results Available on AskHYS
- Healthy Youth Survey results from 2002 through 2018 are available now on AskHYS
- Fact Sheets: Pre-formatted fact sheets on important HYS topics at the state and local level.
- Reports: Annual frequency reports at the state and local level, and statewide analytic reports with survey details and trend results.
- Q x Q Analysis: An interactive data query system to analyze state and local results for a single HYS question or to analyze two questions together — that is crossing one Question by another Question (Q x Q).
- Who has Results?: Past participation in HYS from 2002 to 2018 by school, district, county, and ESD.
- All of the 2018 Healthy Youth Survey results are NOW available on AskHYS.
If you need technical assistance, please contact Susan Richardson at Looking Glass Analytics, SurveyAdmin@AskHYS.net.
Presenting your HYS data?
Check your results and interpretation with local data experts. Local HYS Data Assistance
See the Errata/Correction page for on any changes to the 2018 results.
Comments or Questions
Comments or questions about the Healthy Youth Survey or the AskHYS.net website?
Click here to send your thoughts to the Healthy Youth Survey Planning Committee.