Family, School, & Community Resources
The HYS covers a broad range of topics that can influence the health and wellbeing of students. Below are several resources that may help schools as they review their survey results and determine the best way to interpret and respond to them.
- Safe Schools FIT Toolkit
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention - Get Help
- Gizmo's Pawesome Guide to Mental Health (how to talk to kids about mental health)
Tobacco & Vaping
- Information on E-Cigarettes for parents, educators, and health care providers from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- The Facts on e-cigarettes use among youth and young adults from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Become a Smokefree Teen, Tools & Tips to help quit
- What are the Health effects of Marijuana? from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Start Talking Now. Help youth make healthy choices. Start the conversation. Continue the conversation.
- Alcohol and Public Health
Prescription Drugs & Opiates
- Starts with One; Campaign to stop Opioid Abuse
- Prevent Opioid Abuse and Addiction from the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
- Take back Your Meds; find a Medicine Take-Back Location to safely dispose of unwanted or expired medications
- “Talk they hear you” SAMHSA’s national substance use prevention campaign helps parents and caregivers, educators, and community members get informed, be prepared, and take action.